Bye Bye naps!
(7/1/11)
Well Paul and I tried to stretch naps as long as we could, but with Jacob not going to sleep at night until sometimes 10:45pm we have decided that naps are going to have to go. Normally Jacob would go down for a nap around 2:30 and wake up around 4:30-5:00. Up until about 6 months ago this worked great and he would be down for bed around 9:30 and up at 7:30-8:00am. This was a great schedule for our family and it gave me a much needed break from both kids during my pregnancy for a little relaxing and "me time".
About 5-6 months ago it started becoming harder and harder to get him to bed at night. The excuses started becoming more and more "I need to pee", "I am thirsty", "Can you cover me up", and inevitably "I am not tired!". What used to take 30 minutes of storytime, bathroom time, and tucking in slowly turned into almost an hour. It just isn't working anymore, so today we started NO NAP TIMES!!!
Jacob was told that he had 45 minutes of "quiet time" in his room where he could sleep, read, or play. I put a timer in his room and told him that when the timer went off he could either stay in his room or come out and hang out with me. He played wonderfully and came out when the timer went off. Now only time will tell if no naps will help him get to bed by 9:30 like he used to!! Heck maybe we can get him down by 9pm!! Wouldn't that be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment