Saturday, December 24, 2011

Week 27 - Good while it lasted!

Week 27 - Good while it lasted!
(12/10/11 - 12/16/11)

First let me say that I am the proud mommy of a 6 month old! She is a whopping 20 pounds! And adorable as ever!

Because Violet is sitting so well, and weighs 20 pounds she has been moved from her infant carrier into a real "BIG GIRL" car seat! Because can you imagine carting around a 20 pound baby in an infant carrier...yep me neither!!! My back is currently thanking me!

Well I was excited about a month ago, so excited that I actually dedicated a whole post on this blog to it. Yes I am talking about Violet sucking her fingers. Well it seems that this was only supposed to be a short term thing as once her two teeth came in the finger sucking became less and less until it was nonexistent. I am very sad about this, she now requires being carried or rocked to fall asleep where she was self soothing.

I guess I can look at the positives and say that now I won't have to break the habit when she is older. Heck I sucked my thumb until I think 8. I also don't have to worry about extra sickness as most children who suck thumbs/fingers can pick up more sicknesses. But darn it, it wasn't only adorable but practical especially with three kids. Oh well, it was GOOD WHILE IT LASTED!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails