Friday, December 9, 2011

Week 25 & 26 - So this is what the world tastes like!

Week 25 & 26 - So this is what the world tastes like!
(11/26/11 - 12/9/11)


Well we have some new milestones to check off the list here, we had a slight plateau in the last few weeks but Violet is back in the game and changing a lot these past two weeks. The first thing is her hand coordination, she has all but mastered single and double hand grabbing. She is now passing items from one hand to the other and even though she won't hand you things if you ask yet she will occasionally smack your open hand with the item she has if you ask for it. All things are in her mouth and that makes for some very slobbery toys and even clothing. She seems to love her socks and has already accumulated quit a pile of single socks who have lost their mates! I am sure the janitors at Target have found a few that have been dropped along our way!

I swear I am not hallucinating but I think she knows her name. The boys didn't start consistently looking when their names were called until around 9-10 months but I swear she does it now. It could be that she is just looking towards me and that she is recognizing my voice, I honestly don't care if that is the case but it is a neat thing to witness none the less.

She is starting to entertain herself more these past few days. She will sit in her bumbo chair or on the floor with the boppy and entertain herself by pulling all of her toys out of her basket. If she gets all of them out all you have to do to buy yourself some more time is put them all back in and she will pull them all back out buying you at least 10-15 minutes! YEA!!! Peace, even if just 10 minutes!

Her sitting is pretty much 100% at this point. I clocked her sitting without support (both arms in the air or holding something) for over 20 minutes the other day. Now of course if she does fall over you need to help her, but over all by the time she falls she is usually tired of sitting anyway so wants carried.

She is also rolling in all directions now, my vaccuum is getting a workout because now if you lay her down she could be 6 feet away within seconds and of course EVERYTHING goes in her mouth! This is one phase I hate!! Especially with two boys running around and dropping things!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails