Week 52 - Happy Birthday!
(6/2/12 - 6/10/12)
Well this is the week of Violet's first birthday, and we have ourselves a 24 pound (87th percentile), 31.75" (98.7th percentile) inches long, 18 5/8" (96th percentile) head circumference, 1 year old who is in size 18 month clothing (some 24 months depending on what it is).
We spent the whole week planning Violet's Owl themed party and getting her 1st birthday pictures taken. I got her a personalized tshirt (like her brothers had) for her pictures and just like our family pictures she hammed it up for the camera and I couldn't pick which ones I liked the best because ALL OF THEM where great!
Her milestones are pretty similar to the past few weeks except she is really really really working on walking. She stands with no hands more often then not and has been cruising the furniture with only one hand now to practice her balance. She has also started "walking" with us when we hold her hands and walk her across the floor. I will go ahead and make a prediction that she will be walking by the 4th of July!
She has started waving to everyone and flirting more than usual. She waves at the checkout lady, the mailman, the UPS driver, random people, and even me when I lay her down in her bed. Her sleeping at a year old is still horrible, but at this point I have just learned to live with it. Her eating has also turned horrible thanks to the 5 teeth that have been slowly pushing through for the past 6 weeks. She ONLY wants to nurse, but I don't mind that I love to nurse!
One thing that I keep forgetting to mention is that for the past month or two she has been very attached to her blanket and we have to take it everywhere! It is never far from her and she will even point to it when she wants it. She chews on the corners and rubs her face in it when she is tired. I have tried to buy more but haven't been able to yet because the store that sells it is out of stock. I hope I can get at least one more because it gets so dirty so quickly that I am always washing it and sometimes it is being washed and she is crying for her blankie!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment