Thursday, May 24, 2012

Week 48 - 1 more month to go!

Week 48 - 1 more month to go!
(5/5/12 - 5/11/12)

 Well it is official, I am the proud mommy of an 11 month old and only have one more month until we can celebrate her 1 year birthday! She weighs 24 pounds (still), is in a size 18M clothing (still), and she won't sit still long enough for me to get head and length so I will make sure I get that for her 1 year old stats!!!



Violet is growing up by leaps and bounds. She has added the sign for "More" to her vocabulary, is climbing stairs, cruising furniture, cutting 5 teeth at the same time, playing independently and making a vroom sound for cars (yep, she plays with cars...hopefully some girly toys will be purchased for birthday presents). She is very loving and now goes to her favorite people without having any stranger anxiety. She also is getting comfortable staying with babysitters to allow Paul and I a date or two. The biggest problem with Violet right now is the fact that she thinks she can keep up with her brothers and I have caught her numerous times trying to climb the stairs (she made it to the third step), climb onto riding toys, draw and then eat chalk for the chalkboard in the playroom, and tear apart puzzles. Her favorite thing in the play kitchen though and she can sit in front of it playing with the pots and pans for sometimes 30+ minutes content and happy!

Life is never dull around little Miss Violet that is for sure. One crazy thing she started this week is that she is only taking one nap. This is pretty strange since her brothers didn't ditch their two nap-a-day routines until around 18 months. But she has been sleeping until about 8am and then not taking a nap until around 1:00 and sleeping until 3:00. She then stays up (and in a good mood) until 8:30 when she goes to bed. We will see how long this lasts, but I have to say that I like it and hope it does stick. Especially since she is in a good mood while she is awake.

She is cutting 3 molars, and 2 eye teeth. Motrin, teething tablets, and teething oils have been our friend these past 2-3 weeks and although some of the molars have broke through they haven't broken through completely so we are in this for the long haul. As long as she has something to chew on though she is doing/acting ok. The only change in her temperament is that she wants held a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails