Saturday, May 5, 2012

Week 46 - Standing tall!

Week 46 - Standing tall!!
 (4/21/12 - 4/27/12)

This week Violet perfected pulling up to standing! She now pulls up on everything, furniture, toys, stairs, her brothers, my legs, and even a few things that she shouldn't be pulling up on. We have had our share of falls and a few smashed fingers because now the drawers she perfected opening months ago slam shut on her little fingers when she pulls herself up on them to stand! Poor baby! It took her a few days, but she has also perfected getting back down to the floor after she pulls herself up. At first this was a problem and one that I am personally glad has been resolved. I had a few days where I was screamed at every few minutes to come help her get down or she would just throw herself down and get hurt.

Violet's language is changing a little. She still has her same words (Uh-oh, die-die (bye bye), Ni-Ni (night night), and boo) but her babbling has changed. She is combining consonents and babbbles things like gadaba, and banaba, and so on. Since we meet weekly with Andrews speech therapist she assures me that this is right on schedule and Violet should start talking soon. I just can't wait for Mama and Dada!! My favorite words! But if she is anything like her brothers the word NO will come before those! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails