(11/5/11 - 11/18/11)
First let me say that I am the proud Mommy of a 5 month old little girl, or should I say big girl! She is now in size 12 month clothing, weighs 19 pounds (97.5% percentile), Head Circumference 16 7/8" (75.5% percentile) and is 27 3/4" long(99.3% percentile) ! My oh my!!!! But I can't say any of this is a shock considering all of the measurements I just gave has been almost exactly what her brothers were at this age!
We have many many many new things that have happened over the past two weeks. First my little girl now has two VERY sharp teeth! She is the earliest tooth getter of the three and she got both of her bottom front teeth within two days of each other. I would love to say that all of the drooling has stopped but since her top front teeth are now swollen and the slobber is still coming in buckets I think I have more wet days ahead of me!
The next new thing is her hair! She lost almost every last strand of it about a month and a half ago and now it is growing in with vengeance!!! She has the typical peach fuzz that her brothers had and I have to say it is pretty darn cute!!! It looks as if it is going to be a little darker than Jacobs but not quite as dark as her fathers!
She is also scooting pretty good on the floor. She is still just rolling from back to front but because she hates being on her back she doesn't really care to learn how to roll back the other way! Once on her tummy she can push up to straight arms and will spin herself on her tummy in a 360 circle to grab and chew on toys. Her hand coordination has gotten great and she now can pretty much grab anything she wants to and of course it goes directly to her mouth!
Violet has also started spending some time in the walker she decided that the bouncer wasn't exciting enough and I think she is determined to keep up with her brothers. She doesn't "walk" in it yet but will occasionally move her feet a little and get herself moved a few feet backwards. So she will figure it out in no time I am sure!
Sleeping still SUCKS with a Capital S!!!! We are moving Andrew in with Jacob in the hopes that maybe her own room without noise and a more comfortable bed might help. But then again maybe it has been those pesky teeth all along that have been causing the problems, or heck maybe the constant growing and the need to eat all the time. Either way I know that she will be sleeping through the night before I realize it and this will all seem like a bad dream! One that I can't wait to wake up from!
No comments:
Post a Comment