Friday, November 4, 2011

Week 19 - YES! I finally have one!

Week 19 - YES! I finally have one!
(10/15/11 -  10/21/11)

Well it only took me three kids, but I finally have one! And no I am not talking about a girl I am talking about a thumb sucker or more accurately for Violet a finger sucker! I have to say it is pretty awesome! Since I nurse, my kids don't drink out of bottles, not even for an emergency. Usually bottles are chewed on or saved for when I wean them when they are older. I never go anywhere without a nursing baby so I have never had to get them on a bottle. Of course there are always times before they are on solids where I wish they would take a bottle so that I could go see a movie or go on a date with Paul but I love nursing so I work through it. But then without a bottle, without a pacifier (another thing none of my kids every wanted, but believe me I tried), and without a thumb/finger I have had some pretty cranky babies.

So when Violet started sucking her fingers this week I was cautiously optimistic. I had been here before with other babies and they would tease me with a day or two or a few hours of thumb sucking only to have it turn into a big SIKE!!!!! FOOLED YOU MOM!!!


But this looks like it is going to stick and she has self soothed herself numerous times with her two fingers. The other totally awesome thing about it is she is sucking her LEFT fingers which means I might get a left handed kid after all!! I am left handed and sucked my left thumb and Paul is right handed and sucked his right thumb so here is hoping we get a left hander!!! WOO HOO!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails