New things for the new year!
(January 7, 2011)
I thought I would do a quick update on Andrew since I haven't posted on his "milestones" in awhile. He will be 17 months next week (holy cow almost year and a half!!)
Talking still hasn't taken off, but he has added a few new words. He still says "MUM" for yum when he wants something to eat, he now says UH OH all the time and he uses it correctly, he says OW when he falls down or when his brother is being too rough with him. He has on a few occasions said "baba" for his bottle (we call it baba) but he doesn't do it consistently yet and just says "MUM" instead. He also has two animal sounds now: OOOO for a cow (moo minus the M) and WA WA WA for all other animals.....of course when he does it for a dog it is perfect, but a cat....hmmmm not so much! hehehehehe but ANY and I mean ANY animal other than a cow he "barks" for them, even fish! Pretty cute ( I think Jacob did that too, can't remember). He will make a motor sound for cars and planes as well. Says "HAA" and holds his hand out for "hot" when he sees a fire, candle, or stove.
*UPDATE:* since this post he has said "CHEE" a few times if you try and take his picture. So I am sure like his brother talking will be slow but steady for the next few months! I just can't wait until he says Mama and Dada (what is up with my kids not saying those two words until later?? SIGH!)
He knows a few body parts including his belly button, hair, and ears. We are working on the rest but we can't get him to sit still for more than two seconds so we have adopted the motto "slowly but surely" with most things when it comes to Andrew.
Andrew has become a social butterfly, and now constantly flirts and waves at people, and when I say "waves", I mean two handed, full bodied, huge smile, still doing it when we are already out the door and we can't see the people anymore WAVES!!! It is really cute and he will wave to pretty much anyone, the check out lady, people at church, family, me, his dad, Jacob, anyone!
The main thing about Andrew is his curiosity, from the moment he wakes up to the time he goes to bed he is moving. He doesn't watch TV at all and only settles down when it is time for a bottle or food. He isn't destructive in any way just very curious. Now that doesn't mean he doesn't make a mess (what kid doesn't) but he will look in EVERY toy bin, take a sip out of all sippy cups in the drawer, he loves getting in the refrigerator, helping me get clothes out of the dryer, and his favorite and only thing that really bugs/grosses me out: he likes to play in the bathroom. His favorite item in there is the toilet brush......I know...UGH!!!
So I have had to come up with a few ingenious contraptions to help with this....first I changed from an open brush to one that was self contained. Of course my thinking was "if he can't see it he won't play with it".......man what that a rookie mistake....so on to phase two....
Yes I had to find a bendable baby lock to keep him from getting the dirty toilet brush!!! I have to laugh, only my kid would be this persistent with a toilet brush...my only hope is that he thought it was a sword and not something to eat!!!!
Overall his personality has blossomed in the past two months and he is starting to climb, tries to jump, and is booking it at a pretty fast pace trying to keep up with this brother.
You're right ! We are on the same page! haha
ReplyDelete