Thursday, December 9, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas 2010!




Getting ready for Christmas 2010!
(December 2010)


So I am a bad mom, I have gone almost 2 months without a post and trust me TONS have happened! I guess so much has happened that I haven't had the time to sit down and post! Jacob has turned into our "Big Boy" and is such a good helper, shopper, and calm little boy now in public. Its like a switch turned off and our "terrible 2's/3's" were just GONE! Of course that was in just enough time for Andrews switch to turn ON!!! Andrew now is a pain to take anywhere, he doesn't want to sit in a shopping cart, will climb out of a stroller, and won't sit in a restaurant high chair for more than about 10 minutes before he starts going "antsy"!! Andrew is now even running away from me while in a store so I have had to resort to purchasing one of those "Monkey backpack/leashes" for him. I haven't used it yet but have it with me at all outings just in case!

Andrew still doesn't really have any words although "WHOA", is now being said often but we can't figure out if he is actually saying "WHOA" or it is just a random babble. He is shaking his head yes and no and doing it properly so that is neat! Lets us communicate with him a lot more. His understanding of the world around him has really bloomed too. He will throw trash away (as well as non trash occasionally), he will get himself a cup and bring it to you if he is thirsty, he will help put toys away in their bins, he will also point to different people if you ask where they are.

This month has been "Getting ready for Christmas" month! We went over to Mama and Grandpa's house and helped make cookies! We decorated our Christmas Tree, and we went and attempted to get professional pictures for our Christmas cards! Although the lady that took the boys pictures had to have been the worse photographer I have ever been too. Long story short we got NO usable pictures at all. She spent the whole session telling the boys to put their hands back in their laps and to sit "Criss cross applesauce" that she missed many opportunities to take a picture where they were both either smiling or looking at the camera. So luckily before we went I had gotten a few pics of the boys in front of the tree! (pics at top!) so those are the ones that I used for Christmas cards this year!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails