Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 39-41 - Life in a three kid home!

Week 39-41 - Life in a three kid home!
(3/3/12 - 3/23/12)

First let me say that I am the proud Mommy of a beautiful, loving, hilarious 9 month old! She is weighing in at 22.5 pounds (93rd percentile), 31 inches long (97th percentile), and frankly she wouldn't sit still long enough for me to measure her head, so we are going to just say that it is probably average! She is still in size 12/18 month clothing, but mostly 18 month clothing!

Now onto why it has been three weeks since I have posted on little Violet's updates. I honestly feel bad, Jacob had a post for EVERY WEEK of his first 2 years of life, Andrew had a post for EVERY WEEK of his first year, and poor third child Violet is getting on average every two weeks, although in the posts I am covering something from every week, so I guess it is still ok. But life with three kids has really decided to catch up with me. Violet is into EVERYTHING and needs followed around or God knows what will end up in her mouth. I have decided to redecorate most of the house (don't ask me, I think I am crazy too!).

But one good thing that has come out of all the craziness these past three weeks is that Violet FINALLY has her "girly" room! She has been in her bedroom (Andrews old room) for a few months now, but it has still been decorated in blue and brown and ABC's. So I got Violets Aunt Jenny to come and paint over the blue with a bright raspberry pink (no bubblegum here)and then it was time to brush the dust off of the comforter crib set I purchased when I was about 7-8 months pregnant with Violet. It is this adorable Owl bed set with these whimsical owls in all different colors, squiggles, dots, stripes, you name it! I also found this 6' tall wall decal of a tree with owls on it! So I went to Home Depot bought a bunch of different colors of spray paint and every nap or downtime I had I was redecorating. This is the finished product:




It has also been hard to post updates on Violet these past three weeks because Mother Nature decided to give us an early spring/summer. We have had three weeks of weather in the 70's and some 80's! The kids have loved it and we have spent so much time outside who wants to be couped up inside on a computer updating a blog! Violet loves being outside but doesn't quite like the feel of grass yet and prefers to stay in the stroller or up on the deck. She is pulling herself up to a kneeling position so tries to play in the water table with the boys! She has three words now, and WHOA! is her favorite. She says it all the time, too cute! She also says uh-oh (but more on a repeat, then on her own), she says boo and is playing "peek-a-boo" with any piece of fabric or blanket that she finds, and is still saying "di-di" for bye-bye when she waves! Her crawling is more butt scooting and no matter what I try I can't get her back up crawling on all fours. She stopped crawling on all fours after she started getting so speedy that her pants would slip on the hardwood floors. She has adapted her crawl to still be up on her arms and one knee but then takes the other leg and plants her foot down and then scoots. I will take a pic as I know that description just made no sense! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails