Friday, September 24, 2010

The house of "I do it myself" (part 2)




The house of "I do it myself" (part 2)
(September 2010)

As I stated in Part 1 of the "I do it myself" series my house has become increasingly "un-needy". Andrew has started being very vocal about things and has even started to push me away when he wants to do something. The biggest "myself" thing that Andrew has started doing is feeding himself with a fork. And believe it or not he is REALLY good at it. As we all know Andrew just loves his brother and tries to emulate everything he does. In the process Andrew mimics Jacob which has lead to some very important milestones.

Other than feeding himself with a fork, Andrew has also learned to climb up the stairs. He has also perfected saying "UH OH" and will let me know immediately if he is up to no good because the "UH OHs" start coming out of his mouth. Walking is still a work in progress but when he isn't thinking too hard about it we have caught him walking over 4-5 steps trying to get somewhere and stand still with no support for 10+ seconds. I am honestly shocked he hasn't started walking yet, but can't imagine it taking too much longer.

Andrew also got his first haircut last week and I have to say he is pretty darn cute with his "Man" haircut. He sat still pretty well, and didn't get into too much trouble except when he was put down on the floor afterwards and tried to eat some hair! YUK!! He also had 3 teeth come in overnight and boy am I glad that is over. His gums have been sooooo swollen for the past month or so that I swear I had personally kept Motrin in business!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails