Friday, September 24, 2010

The house of "I do it myself" (part 1)


The house of "I do it myself" (part 1)
(September 2010)


Recently my house has become an "I do it myself" zone for almost everyone who lives under the roof. In part one of this post I will talk about Jacob who has slowly become very independent. It all started with potty training and then has slowly worked its way into other aspects of his life. He now goes pee-pee all by himself and has learned to wash his hands and close the toilet lid (so that Andrew doesn't get smashed fingers), he has started trying to dress himself which is still a work in progress, he has also become very good at doing his "chores". He cleans up his toys, puts his dirty clothes in the hampers, and will even push in his chair and throw away his trash, he LOVES buckling himself in his carseat and can climb up and get buckled while I am tending to Andrew, and of course feeding himself has become even easier. He has obviously been feeding himself for a long time, but the spills and messes are almost nonexistent at this point even while eating a bowl of cereal, he also loves going and getting himself a snack when he is hungry.

Of course as great as all of that sounds, we have our good days and bad days. Some days you have to remind him 20 times to do a chore and other days he does it with no prompting at all. He is also becoming very self-aware and will proudly announce "I DO IT MYSELF" after he has done something. Often times while trying to still help him he will push me away and tell me that he can "do it myself".

My gosh my little guy is growing up, we still have a ways to go, but I can sense the age of "get out of my room Mom!!!" is fastly approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails