(10/1/11 - 10/14/11)
First let me say that I am the proud Mommy of a 4 month old! She weighs 18 pounds and is already in size 9 month clothing! I forgot to measure her, so we will have a month off for measurements! :)
When I first became a mom I remember having all of the "what to expect" books and reading them like there was no tomorrow. I am an over achiever myself so I wanted to be the best prepared new mother out there. Then I had Jacob and he decided that he hated these books and that he wasn't going to follow ANY of the milestone timelines AT ALL! Some he was early on and others he was WAAAYYY late! I stressed and stressed and thought for sure something was wrong....well he is now a perfectly perfect 4 year old. Then came Andrew, he was earlier on some milestones that Jacob was late on, but then decided not to talk AT ALL!! He is now in speech and doing wonderfully and is a perfectly perfect 2 year old!
Now here is Violet, first I threw all of those damn books away, they never did anything other than stress me out. But guess what....Violet is not only hitting all of her milestones, but breezing through some that took her brothers a few more months to master. Here is her current list as of these past two weeks:
Rolling over: Back to front
sitting: with assistance (on lap or with boppy behind her)
Standing: Will stand on her legs when held
sleeping: well this one is still rocky, but we aren't up more than twice a night
grabbing: has very good control of her hands and can grab almost anything and bring it to her mouth.
bouncing: she bounces like a madman in her bouncer
eye contact: no problem there
following things: she will follow anything or anyone from across the room
laughing/smiling: got that down, except when I try and take her picture then she stops! :)
All this tells me is that each kid is different and they all do things their own way at their own time. I wish I could have not spent more than my share of nights worrying but I did and now am a more patient mother. But I now tell any new moms to throw those darn books away!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment