Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day 2011!


Happy Valentines Day 2011!!

The boys and I made homemade valentine cards this year! I took something I saw online and tweaked it a little for the age of my boys. The above card was supposed to be done with handprints and not cutouts, but Andrew wasn't into having his hand painted and wiggled every time I tried to get a neat hand print out of him. So I resorted to plan B and traced their hands and cut them out! I feel it is a win win situation! Jacob got to have his first glitter craft experience and LOVED pouring half the container of glitter onto each glue heart!


Inside the card is the following message:

Valentines Day 2011
This isn't just a valentine
As you can plainly see
It is of course my handprint
Which is a part of me
It's bigger than the last one
Smaller than the next will be
Given to you with lots of love
From sweet and precious me

We also handed out this valentine to all of the cousins and friends around, but instead of cutting out a bazillion handprints, I got on my color scanner/copier/fax machine and shrunk the image so four would fit on a page, we glitter glued them and taped a Hershey kiss onto each small valentine!

Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails