Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beach 101 with kids!


Beach 101 with kids!
(August 2010)


Paul and I took the kids to the beach last week and other than the 10 hour car drive (thank God for in car DVD!!) it went really well. We of course hit the obvious hurdles of "keeping the kids on a schedule" and "sleeping arrangements" but since we went with 18 other family members it was pretty easy! We rented a HUGE house 50 yards off the beach and we got the master bedroom on the third floor away from all of the night time noise and luckily there was an elevator in the house!!! Yep that's right...and ELEVATOR!!! The room also had a decent sized walk-in closet and I am not too proud to say that we had Jacob sleep in the closet with a night light and by the end of the week he referred to it as "his room" but having him away from the noise when Andrew woke up really came in handy!!

The boys had never been to the beach so seeing them in the water and waves was a great memory I will have, and of course I took TONS of pictures so that even though they won't probably remember it I will have pics for them! We stayed a week and the week didn't start out the best it could because unfortunately Jacob had caught a pretty nasty cold somewhere, you know the kind that for adults would be a walk in the park but for a kid who isn't the most efficient at blowing his nose was torture! But I brought the humidifier and we had some cold medicine that worked pretty well so by 3 days in he was back to good health.....UNTIL......the next to last day Jacob wakes up with a 103.4 temperature and after spending 4 hours at the local walk-in clinic we find that Jacob an advanced ear infection and is put on antibiotics....ugh!

But even with all of that nothing could put a damper on my boys birthdays, since BOTH of them had a birthday during the beach trip! Andrew turned 1 and Jacob 3!!! We had cake for them and I had brought a few small presents for them to open! They loved it!!! (but who doesn't love cake?)

I have to say though that even with those few snags we had a blast and can't wait to go back next year!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails